What is this?
LinkAnalysis is a chrome extension that helps you in analyzing the links on a page. All you need to do is install the extension and launch it from the address bar of the page by clicking on it. The extension provides multiple options, few of them are listed here.
- Parses the links and extracts domains.
- Sorts and organizes the processed links with counters.
- Analysis done at domain level and sub-domain level as well.
- Distinguishes between external and internal links.
- All JS links & mailto: links are avoided
When is it useful?
This is a genuine question! You find it useful if you are investigating some link behaviour of a site for your research or the project you are doing. This will serve as a good aid for those who are into networking projects and learning the domain level and sub-domain level linking. Right now the extension doesn't work on the archived files (Reported by the users). That is a special (rather rare) case where students store the entire website on their computers, and that relies on the file:// protocol, which is not supported by LinkAnalysis (yet!) and only supports http:// and https:// protocols.